Our celebrating began earlier in the week with a playgroup Easter egg hunt, followed by a school hunt, and then the real deal in our backyard on Sunday after church. Oh and I can't forget egg dying on Saturday, because this year the eggs took on a life of their own with the monster kit that Jackson picked out to decorate them with.
Sunday morning started out rather muggy and wet, but by the time we sat down for lunch the sky opened up to reveal another beautiful day, one that I associate with Easter. Continuing our celebration and to focus on the main reason we celebrate Easter we attended church on Sunday morning. This was the one time out of the many many church days that Colin was a little more hands on requiring me to spend a majority of the service in the infant care room. I'll have to listen to the podcast to fill in the gaps of the sermon I missed. After enjoying a wonderful lunch courtesy of my mother in law we headed outside for the big hunt and some good old kite flying.
Easter, a day that I along with millions of other Christians, choose to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. A day when we stop to remember God's amazing love. A love that brought Him to send His son that he might die and then be miraculously raised from the dead to pay the penalty for our sins, assuring us that we will have everlasting life with Him. Amazing doesn't quite cover this. This, that by faith I choose to believe and that hopefully some day my sweet boys will choose to believe too. What a cool day it will be to see a transformation from Jackson or Colin just simply retelling the story that they will have heard many many times to then by faith believing it fully.
I couldn't possibly post the crazy amounts of Easter pictures I took this year so enjoy the few (if you consider 10 to be a few)I posted and look forward to more to come.
I couldn't possibly post the crazy amounts of Easter pictures I took this year so enjoy the few (if you consider 10 to be a few)I posted and look forward to more to come.


1 comment:
That picture of the four of you makes my heart smile!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment