Saturday, April 17, 2010

3 months

Three months seemed to come really fast! He has lost that newborn dazed look and replaced it with a wonderful alertness. Generous smiles, minute long cooing, and the very new giggles melt our hearts. Even though we've experienced a baby's first smiles, coos, and giggles before the uniqueness of Colin's firsts have been just as exciting. With each day, we are getting to know him so much more through his sweet, calm personality. I find myself with aching cheeks having lost much time after I feed him smiling back at him and listening to him tell me his stories.

If I had a choice though I would love to save those wonderful get to know you moments for just during the day, but that is not the case. No longer is Colin my good little sleeper, sometimes waking up let's say about 10 times a night. A good night would be about 3 times. I have no idea what happened and am trying to figure out how to help him get a better night sleep, or to be honest so that I can get a better night sleep. As an experienced mother of a bad sleeper it is nice being able to remember that it will get better. Until then I will be sipping away on some good old Dr. Pepper, saying no to activities I would normally say yes to, apologizing for mistakes my sleep deprived brain creates, and remind myself that sleep, good sleep IS in my future. The bottom line, sleep or no sleep, these are the best days of my life!
Man, we make pretty babies! Those eyes, that smile, those kissable chubby cheeks...I'm in love!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm I love him. hard to resist that sweet face! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! He has changed sooo much since we were there. Sorry you are not getting any sleep.....that's rough. Don't be afraid to say no to all the things that you do...you need sleep!

Amber and Co. said...

Colin is so cute! Both of your boys are so adorable! My kids weren't good sleepers at night, probably b/c I wasn't as strict about a set nursing schedule- I nursed every time they cried. (They didn't take pacifiers). I missed out on alot b/c I needed more naps, or couldn't function. But, we have to do what we need to survive. I'm with ya on the Dr. Pepper! :) Hang in there, and I hope you figure out something that will help!

Andress said...

Jen - he has grown up so much! What a cutie! Can't wait to see him again!

Unknown said...

I love it when they get more alert! Its so fun! I love the pics

Cole said...

His skin color still looks totally different to me...Are you sure he didn't get a tan on the camping trip? Or applying self tanner when you're not looking?!

Katie said...

I agree.......precious. As a mother of TWO terrible sleepers....I am here to tell you I have a 5 and almost 4 year old I can put to bed at 7:30 and wake up with when they crawl in with us usually around 3....may favorite thing. Just know everyone loves you and understands....this time belongs to Jackson, Colin and Bryan. ;)