Sunday, April 14, 2013

"Now God Can Eat Marshmallows!"




It's true.  He can. And any time He wants.

It's an Easter story I will never forget.

The boys and I made ressurection rolls on the Saturday before Easter.  Such a simple, meaningful and delicious activity.  As we made them we read scripture to go along with each step.  The marshmallow represented Jesus' body.  The dough represented the wrapping on his body and the tomb was our oven. The boys love cooking so I knew this would be a hit and it was.  Jackson actually helped me read some of the verses and even after having just read the story through our ressurection eggs they were really into it.  When I called the boys in to enjoy their baked treat they squealed with delight to see that their rolls were empty. Jesus' body (the marshmallow) was gone.  I asked the boys how this reminded them of our Easter story and Jackson very readily said that's just like how Jesus became alive and went to heaven. Colin sat there for a bit, smiled, took a deep breath and said "Now God Can Eat Marshmallows!"  "Let's do it again and God can have a lot a lot of marshmallows in heaven!"  Jesus went to heaven after having been in the tomb and so our marshmallows must be there too.  What a beautiful yummy place it must be!

This was the best moment I have to say of the weekend, but the whole holiday truly was wonderful. Wednesday Colin celebrated with an Easter party at school, Thursday a Colin playgroup party, and then Thursday afternoon with our Rowdy Rebel playgroup.  Bryan had Friday off so we went on a long family walk together and just relaxed after a couple of busy weeks.  On Saturday my parents came in to town.  We did fun Easter activities with the kiddos and enjoyed a laid back pizza and movie dinner.  Of course we stayed up a bit later than normal visiting but that made the day even better.

Frog Class Ready for the Hunt

Colin's Playgroup Party at Audrey's House


Rowdy Rebel Playgroup



Dying Easter Eggs



 On Sunday morning we met my Uncle Wayne and Aunt Jennifer at church.  Sitting by great friends and my family, watching my hubby do what he loves as the church was filled with awesome praise music, and then listening to a great sermon.  Oh I love Easter.

Easter Sunday


with Mimi and Poppy

The boys baskets were filled with Easter goodies when we returned home.  I do the baskets that way, because Bryan generally plays Easter Sunday and is gone before the kids wake up.  I do love how it puts the focus on Christ and then we celebrate with our fun treat traditions.  At lunch my dining room was packed with family and our dear friends the Owens.  My menu I have to say was scrumptious, Pulled Pork soft tacos with fixings, cilantro rice, chopped southwest salad, banana pudding and chocolate cake for dessert.  Good food, good company, and then a great egg hunt.



Eating Lunch with the Owen Boys

I thought we had excellent hunters this year, but we are still finding eggs in the backyard.  Maybe my egg hiding skills are improving but perhaps my short term memory to guide the kids to where we hid them is let's just say not improving.




Jenn, Tracy, Bryan and Brian


My sweet Aunt and Uncle

Oh it was so fun watching our boys run around the backyard with their sweet friends.  The best part was when they were finished Jackson encouraged everyone to dump all their eggs in the middle of the living room to share.  It was so sweet and thank goodness everyone had a different favorite candy!




And my favorite shot from Easter of my precious boys.



1 comment:

Brooke said...

You have the most precious boys and such a beautiful family! I'm glad you guys had a nice Easter!!