Words I hear a lot. And I'm not sure why. Well I guess I know why. I'm a glass is half full kind of girl. An optimist. A fresh start outlook each day kind of person. You catch my drift. And so I think, even my struggles with juggling two busy boys and an infant while running our house has looked like a piece of cake to most people. Well let me tell you, three is not "easy peasy lemon squeezy" as my boys say. It. is. hard. work.
Hard work that is rewarding of course but three has kind of rocked my world. Not number three. But three total. I think what's different from going from 2 to 3 is that now when I'm caring for Owen the other two are half the time entertaining each other {awesome} and half the time getting in to all kinds of trouble {opposite of awesome}. My patience has never been tested to this extreme, my lips have never been told to keep from speaking words they shouldn't say so often, and well let's just say everything has changed, or has had to been tweaked, and anyone that knows me well, knows that I am not the best at handling change.
This all being said, I feel like I've got this 3 thing down now. I thought at 2 months out that my head was getting above water, but now I know it is, comparing how I was managing the juggle then to now. I've learned that individual quality time with the kids can come in shorter spurts, that hearing my group all the way across HEB is not the end of the world, that locking the big boys out in the backyard while I cook dinner is good parenting (or I'm going to call it that), that anyone that asks to help gets taken up on it, that my house getting more disorganized and cluttery every day is the result of me giving more to the kids than caring about vanity, that changing up the tradition and posting my new years, not even Christmas card on facebook (oh the humanity) is totally fine, and that snuggling with my husband on the couch after all the kids are in bed (sigh!) has never felt so good.
It is so true that the days are {LONG} but the years are so short. I love feeling settled into this mom of three thing. Does that mean I'm doing it perfectly? Oh heck no, and if it looks like it, then well, take a closer look. I'm ok with things, the non important things having to take a backseat while I live this crazy wonderful life with my best friend and our three little copper tops. Oh 2013 is going to be such a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment