Saturday, August 11, 2012

Introducing Owen!

He is here and he is magnificent!  A breathtaking blessing straight from heaven above!


Owen Wyatt Reece was born at 10:13 in the morning on Thursday, July 26th.  He weighed 7 lbs. 9 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long.  With the beautiful glow a top his head, his flawless peachy skin, deep blue eyes, and cute button nose there was no denying that this copper top beauty was ours.

Hearing his first cry sent me to tears.  It was the most wonderfully anticipated sound that rushed straight to my heart and made it leap with joy.  I had been holding my breath since earlier that morning when I knew that he was on his way, hoping and praying for a healthy delivery.  My prayers were answered.  Here he was, loudly telling us hello.  The completeness that accompanied the moment they laid him on my chest for the first time was clearly orchestrated by our Heavenly Father.  As if He were speaking through me, my words rang clear and strong, "You're Mine!" as I took in the beauty of God's new creation.


We are awestruck each and every time we welcome one of our babies into the world.  Each pregnancy has been different, each delivery has it's own story, and each baby boy completely unique.  The one constant, unchanging factor is that each is a beautifully answered prayer from our Creator.  A moment when God's words speak loudly in my heart and radiate through my soul.

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
Psalm 139: 13-14


Dear Heavenly Father,
You created Owen's inmost being;
you knit Owen Wyatt Reece together in MY womb.
I praise you because he is fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are WONDERFUL,
I KNOW THAT FULL WELL.
AMEN!

 We all adore this new addition to our family that made us a party of five and are transitioning beautifully.  Owen is here and he is magnificent!

No comments: