Thursday, March 10, 2011

Poppy's Birthday

Last week we headed over to my parents house to surprise my dad for his birthday.  A short, quality, one nighter.  We had a great time hanging out and soaking in the beautiful weather in such a beautiful place.  I keep telling myself I have to take advantage of the flexibility preschool years hold, but to be honest I'm pro playing hookie every once in a while to just enjoy life, so they will probably continue well beyond the pre part of school.
Most of our time was spent outside and if Jackson would have had it his way would have stayed in this leaf pile for much longer than my heebie jeebies would allow.  On the way back from a long walk down the road he darted ahead and quite alarmed me for a bit as I could not find him.  Can you?

Colin thought he was hilarious and probably wanted to dive in too, but a visit from the neighbor puppies was too exciting.


My parents place, though only an hour away, always captures the essence of the seasons that Katy often loses.  This particular Monday seemed like the exact day when Winter met Spring. 


And it was filled with so many special moments with Mimi and Poppy. 



I was due for a little deep breathing that slowing down here provokes and I just loved getting to be with my sweet dad on his birthday.  Happy Birthday Daddy (Poppy)! We love you so much!


 

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a sweet post!